Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The ABC's of Homelessness

One thing about homelessness is that it helps to improve your vocabulary by forcing you into libraries where you can stay warm and dry while you read. I love the library.

I've spent a lot of time here. When I first came to Vancouver, I visited regularly. I tried to speed up my adjustment to its hippie climate by reading Herman Hesse novels. Even when I'm not transient, I still like being around people who value knowledge. Plus the women are hot.

There are other options here besides reading. I'm using one of their computers to enter this blog. They also have the most comprehensive video collection in town. Any movie from any era. (I'm not sure about foreign films.) I have to laugh now when I think of the average library's audio-visual department back in the 90's. They had their movies on reels and you had to thread it through a projector. That's how I watched the entire Roots miniseries that I missed when it was on TV.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment