Saturday, December 11, 2010

Beauty Spots

One of the things I hated most about going to school was having to do it in my teen years when I had acne. No matter how smartly you dress, you can't hide it.

My acne was more bumpy than red. The worst cases involved pimples growing on top of pimples, taking the shape of miniature snowmen. I had one of those on the end of my nose for a time. It impaired my vision as much as my image.

One time, when I was washing the car, one of my older brothers shouted, 'Don't quit buffing those hub caps until you can see every one of your pimples in them.' I had light acne, but it was noticeable.

I think I still have the impression in my chin from where the first unsightly blemish emerged around the age of thirteen. I started with a brush and then advanced to sandpaper.

But if I call you zit-face, I'm not saying anything bad about your appearance. I think spotty faces are beautiful. In the absence of pimples, enlarged pores like mine are the next best thing.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment